Friday, June 5, 2009

Being a Rodeo Mom

by Teresa Fackrell

As a rodeo mom, your job is never done.  We not only work, cook, clean and do laundry but almost every night I am setting up barrels or poles, pushing cows up or opening the gates for roping or holding the goat for goat tying. I am also helping the kids saddle and unsaddle their horse, trying to help exercise and cool out horses, and helping with chores. 

The reward is rodeo is really a family sport.  We get to spend every weekend together as a family.

Also, we really consider the people we rodeo with family.  We can walk in to the house of the people that we spend time with each weekend and make ourselves at home.  They are the people who are always there for you no matter what your needs are.   This is why I love being a rodeo mom. 

1 comment:

  1. I love being a mom to everyone elses kid. It is an honor to have your sons friends ask you "mom" for help when their mom is busy. I help tie on breakaway ropes, put elastic on feet to hold them in the stirrups, hand someone their hat, or check a cinch to make sure it is tight. I love being a mom especially on the weekends.

    ReplyDelete