Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Rodeo Moms In Business

by Lori Pierce

This week’s feature side business is Waggintail Dachshunds.

I have also tried to find side jobs to help support my kids in junior rodeos. I had a few miniature dachshunds and decided that with the love of them and my knowledge that I had about the breed I would start breeding a few quality mini dachshunds and selling the puppies to help out with our expenses and to help better the dachshund breed.

I started by contacting the best breeders that I could find and investing in a few female puppies and one male puppy to start out my business called Waggintail Dachshunds. I made sure that my dogs were of the best quality lines and that they came from parents with great temperaments so that the puppies would pass along that trait as well as wonderful confirmations. I read as much information as I could to better my knowledge of the breed and I contacted many breeders that had been in the business for a long time and asked as many questions as they would tolerate me asking.

I then started a website to promote my puppies and my new business and through a lot of trial and error things started to come together nicely. I only raise the best quality puppies that I can and I am constantly trying to better my lines with the best dogs I can get. It has been a long road to build my business up but I do feel that I have some of the best puppies that you can buy in Utah. So if you’re looking for a really nice healthy puppy that comes from top quality AKC lines go to http://www.wtdachshunds.com and see what I have available now!!

1 comment:

  1. It can be so expensive to take your children to rodeos and to provide them with nice horses to compete on and be able to win on! I know that as moms we will do everything in our power to help our kids excel and be happy. Any Ideas to help with travel expenses these days are much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete